– A Consultant Anaesthetist at Starship Children’s Health, Auckland, New Zealand
– Clinical Senior Lecturer in the Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Auckland
– Research interest and Doctor of Medicine thesis concerns ‘Improving the quality and safety of airway management’
– Founded the AirwaySkills course in 1996
– Developer of the Orsim™ bronchoscopy simulator
– Board member and Secretary of the Society for Airway Management.
– Foundation executive member of the ANZCA Airway Management Special Interest Group