Ōtautahi Christchurch is New Zealand’s second largest city, and the main urban centre of Te Waipounamu, our beautiful South Island. It is a city of transformation and exploration, a place where change and innovation are embraced, where people challenge the status quo. The city’s approach to lifestyle and business have created a sustainable and strong economy, a vibrant visitor destination and an exceptional place to live.
Christchurch Town Hall
The Christchurch Town Hall, designed by Sir Miles Warren and Maurice Mahoney, is a significant part of the urban fabric and vitality of Christchurch that has served as a gathering place for performances, cultural events and meetings since 1972.
The full refurbished and restored venue, is an iconic Christchurch building in a beautiful riverside setting. The Town Hall is an ideal location from which to explore the new heart of Christchurch.
Quarantine Free Travel
Correct to the best of our knowledge, as at 3 May 2021. Please check relevant Australian (or State) and New Zealand COVID-19 government advice for the most up to date information.
From 19 April 2021, you can travel between Australia and New Zealand without having to go into a managed isolation facility. Airlines between the two countries will be increasing flights between Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Queenstown and the Australian ports, with a new Air New Zealand Hobart to Auckland direct flight starting on 22 April 2021.
What to do before you travel
- ‘Know before you go’ and read all the information on Unite Against Covid-19 HERE.
- Download the NZ COVID Tracer app HERE.
- Complete an online travel declaration before you depart from Australia. This declaration mainly asks you about your travel plans and contact details.
- See HERE for more on Travel from Australia to New Zealand.
- See HERE for more on Travel from New Zealand to Australia.