Virtual Conference Platform
To maximise your experience, we recommend attending the virtual meeting on a laptop or desktop.
Even better if you can cast the live stream to a large screen in the privacy of your own home or office! Google Chrome is the recommended browser. We recommend you login early to familiarise yourself with the information.
Access the Virtual Conference Platform, and enter your login details emailed to you. We recommend Google Chrome to get the best performance. You can cast the sessions to a larger screen, or connect using an HDMI cable.
Please click here to watch a short instructional video. For further instructions and information on the various software features, please review the Technical Support document which was included with your login detail email. It may also be helpful to have a copy readily available, to refer to on the day. Further tips and tricks are outlined below.
Additional Virtual Conference Platform Tips
Pre-Virtual Checks and Tips
- We recommend that you use Google Chrome as your web browser.
- Watch the meeting on a computer rather than a tablet or phone for the best viewing experience.
- The meeting is designed for you to participate as an individual. We recommend that you use your own computer to make the most of the experience.
- You will need to have a suitable WIFI connection. If you can use other streaming platforms such as Netflix without delays or buffering, then your WIFI connection will be adequate.
- Your device will need to have camera and microphone capabilities, switched on. You will need these capabilities to participate in the networking function and live chat features.
- If you are watching this from a facility with high web security, please check with your IT team that the firewall settings will allow you to access the virtual conference platform website.
- The one-to-one chat feature in the Meeting Hub is operated via Twilio. Please Click Here to test your network and, if any errors appear, you will need to contact your IT team for assistance.
If your screen is blurry, you may need to adjust the Vimeo settings. To do this, you will need to click on the cog on the bottom right of the video and change the DPI settings from Auto to the highest number. Usually, 720p or 1080p, but this may vary depending on the WIFI network
The session(s) that you are a presenter, chair or panellist in, will have a slightly different view than that of a general attendee. You do not need to do anything with this – the Q&A is being moderated by the chair.
To view the session as an attendee, go to the Preview widget on the right-hand side of your screen and select ‘show attendee view”:
If you have problems on log-in or have camera and microphone issues, review your login email for attached documentation on how to solve the most common problems.
Once logged in you, will see a question mark button at the top right of the web page, where you will find the answers to the FAQ.
If you need further help, there is a Live Support button on the top toolbar. Live Support is available from 0800 NZST from Thursday 28 October. If you cannot access Live Support and require assistance, please email the Conference Managers via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificate of Attendance:
Your certificate of attendance will be emailed to you after the event.
Access to all talks on-demand will be available until January 31, 2022. The on-demand recordings in session blocks, will be added to the virtual conference platform by the following day.
Take part in Event Engage to be in with a chance to win a $500 Noel Leeming Voucher. Click on the gold cup on the top toolbar to view your goals and how to earn points. You can earn points from October 28, every 10,000 points earns you a ticket into the prize draw.
Exhibitor Passport Competition:
Our online Exhibition Passport Competition at the Aotearoa NZ Anaesthesia ASM 2021will ask delegates to engage with the industry in a very specific way (visiting a stand and conducting a live meeting with an exhibitor) to achieve points and be able to go into the prize draw to win a $500 Noel Leeming Voucher (this will run as a separate competition to the main delegate Event Engage competition and prize, exhibitor engagement goals are also included in that competition). For those companies that have confirmed their attendance and support of this competition, thank you and good luck to our participating delegates!
EventStream is a private social network that has been set up for the meeting. Use the EventStream feature to share photos, comments or short videos with your fellow attendees. We would love to see some photos from your local Watch Party!